APN'S YouTube Channel

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Frustration, depression and ice-cream.

Man invents and adopts various strategies to counterbalance his frustrations. One of them is by diverting the mind from the causes and thoughts of frustration. And this strategy most often involves going to ice-cream parlours or restaurants where the frustrated individual can sit comfortably for a while; where he can easily divert his mind to the actions of his test buds. It is no issue, although this relaxation ends with a restaurant bill. 

It is another interesting thing that most men would never have any grumbling if they spend for filling their stomachs. Many shop owners who do business other than food items feel terribly frustrated when they fall prey to continuous bargaining of an unconvinced customer. However, fast food, restaurants, hotels and similar food linked industries are free from such bargaining and argument. Food is life and nobody would like to go for bargaining as regard to this basic necessity of life.

It was evening time and I was half spent and dog tired. I was on the streets of Bhubaneswar heading towards the bus station to catch a bus to my native place. The big cars, big houses and the glare of city life looked down on me. I found myself sinking in a sea of depression and frustration. The feelings got intensified with each time I wiped my face to avoid sweats. The heart was burning because of my nothingness. I could not find a quick fix to my problem. I wanted to search myself. I wanted to feel my own worth. I wanted silence so that I could start an inward journey. And I found what I wanted.  I saw an ice-cream bar. I went inside & sat on a table. I opened my laptop, ordered vanilla-flavored ice-cream and wrote out my heart. Each spoonful ice-cream refreshed my being and I stood up once again for my self-expression. I paid the bill and clicked the “ADD NEW BLOGPOST” button on the laptop.  
  
(Readers are requested to excuse me for packaging the blog post with so much frustration and depression but at the same time I must admit the truth that I feel my readers so close that I cannot find anyone worthier to taste the cup of frustration mixed ice-cream)

No comments:

Post a Comment