APN'S YouTube Channel

Monday, October 10, 2011

Although life is uncertain.....


A decade back, in response to my first love-letter, my dream girl replied that, “Life is Uncertain” and the short sentence was followed by a paragraph explaining her possible fears and inability to make any commitments. The tone of that letter had surely been full of indecision and hopelessness. However, that day, I became glad from within because I changed my attitude and for the first time thought like a philosopher. I thought about life, I thought about platonic love, I thought about the transitoriness of life and viewed that my love had become immortal with the touch of uncertainty. I enjoyed the element of uncertainty. And I could easily manage my balance. 

The moral of the story is that man lives in two worlds-one is a mercenary world of grim reality and the other one is a world of romantic imagination. Man switches from one world to the other according to his own convenience. For example, I switched from the gnawing practical world to the happy-go-lucky imaginative world and got a temporary relief. But staying rooted in the imaginative world for more than a certain period will definitely lead to an imbalance. 

It is a general experience that insecurities and uncertainties in life come alarmingly and shatter our mental poise. Sometimes they make the heart throb in fear, grind the mind but at the same time they also activate some of our hidden strengths. Therefore, somebody has rightly said that the night is the darkest before the dawn. 

Uncertainty and insecurity in life are the deadliest threats to the mental health of an individual but a change in mental attitude can definitely nullify their deleterious effects to a great extent. 
(N.B. My readers may comment the write up childish but sometimes it is pure joy to be childish. Sometimes childish exuberance answers intricate questions of life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment